Since I’d started talking about business planning, many of you have privately expressed your struggles with growing your business and having a clear and actionable plan to do it.
Does this sound familiar?
- I am not earning what I could or should
- I am overwhelmed by the idea of marketing my business, now sure what I should do and in what order.
- My actions are haphazard. I jump from one thing to another because I don't have a clear path of action. I don't get very far because of it.
- My self-esteem suffers--I feel like I am not living up to my potential.
- I miss a lot of business opportunities because my "house" is not in order. I don't plan ahead, so I am always playing catch-up.
- I am fixing problems rather than building a future.
- I am a slave to my business
I know that for some of you this strikes a real pain point. How do I know this? I’ve spoken to MANY entrepreneurs over the years, and no matter the business or the stage, entrepreneurs who are struggling with growing into their business potential suffer from ONE COMMON malady—they don’t have a clear path to action—they have no plan! In my nearly 20 years of marketing experience I learned that one thing is ALWAYS TRUE:
NO PLAN=NO ACTION
Think about it for a moment. If you were building a house without a plan, how easy would it be to build a great house? Think about how much longer it’d take to build it without being able to see the end goal, to see a few steps ahead.
So, if you think you can’t afford the (time or financial) investment of creating a Marketing Plan, let me tell you: YOU CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO!
You are an integral part of the business universe and you are bringing something to the table that NO ONE else can bring. The world needs you and your unique talents!
So, c’mon, get off your butt and get moving! The New Year is almost here and you don’t want to miss a chance to get off to a powerful start and make it your best year yet!
What do you need to do to get your 2014 Marketing Plan together? Check out this blog post of how to create one in 20 minutes a day.
More importantly: WHO do you need to be in order to make it happen?
P.S. Here is my little gift to you: Your 2014 Marketing Blueprint, complete with a mindmap!